Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job manages activities of various IT personnel. Makes decisions on personnel actions (promotions, hiring, terminations, etc.) Develops talent, addresses resource management, cultivates capabilities of staff, planning and coordination of work, and managing performance. Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the assigned team and daily operations. Controls expenses within the operating unit and may be responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment.
1. Provides subject-matter direction and guidance to lower-level staff
• Trains, develops, and mentors staff consisting of application developers, business analysts, and testers
• Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work
• Provides technical and/or product leadership in first-line resolution of complex technical problems
2. Provides Staff Management oversight
• Hires, promotes, separates or makes recommendations regarding same
• Conducts performance reviews and assesses, manages performance
• Engages in skills assessments and promotes professional development of staff
• Assigns tasks, schedules work and establishes priorities
3. Adheres to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities
• Oversees process for recording hours
• Schedules work and assignments to maximize appropriate use of resources
Optimizes the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
4. Provides deep expertise in assigning and overseeing work of staff. Visualizes, articulates, and solves moderately complex problems/issues
• Solves for problems with continuous improvement mindset
Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
• Connects strategy to employee’s job responsibility
• Participates, as necessary, in training and development to remain current in field(s) of expertise.
5. Actively participates in project teams
• Manages and tracks project details
6. Promotes continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area. Ensure compliance with corporate [and industry?] standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.)
7. Provides leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or comparable major
- Master’s Degree
- 5 years of experience as an architect, application developer, business analyst, or software tester
- Experience with Project Management tools
- Experience with Cloud Technology, Rest and microservice development
- Experience with multiple coding languages, Java preferred
- Experience with SDLC and delivering under deadlines
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Certification such as JAVA Developer, PMP, Agile
- Working knowledge of reporting software
- Proficient knowledge of end-user personal computing skills
- Proficient PC skills and knowledge on files and folders.
- Proficient analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage employees and interact appropriately with senior management, internal clients, and external customers
- Ability to adapt to change, multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, collaborate, lead others, work on a regular and timely basis and work irregular hours, holidays and weekends
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org