Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for staffing, organizing, planning, controlling, managing and making decisions with respect to the present and future operations of the non-invasive diagnostic cardiology services department.
- Manages and oversees daily operations of all aspects of the Cardiology department including stress testing and stress echoes, echo cardiology, TEE and EKG's. (30%)
- Practices sound fiscal management demonstrated by the preparation and controlling of operating and capital budgets, the monitoring of resource utilization and justification of variances. (10%)
- Pursues continuous performance improvement by monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of care. Initiates performance improvement activities and monitors outcomes. (10%)
- Ensures adherence to all departmental, hospital and regulatory guidelines. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital and departmental policies and procedures, effectively communicates and enforces policies to ensure compliance. (15%)
- Promotes a professional work environment through the utilization of sound personnel management principles. Hires and supervises staff, evaluates work, mentors, and recommends and implements disciplinary action as required. Acts as a departmental leader utilizing good decision making skills to facilitate coordination, communication and problem solving. (25%)
- Maintains clinical competency and performs imaging studies as needed. (10%)
- BA/BS Degree
- Medical Sonographer (ARDMS), or Registered Technologist (RT), or Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
- 8 years’ experience in a diagnostic cardiology environment
- Prior supervisory experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org