Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job supports the Director of Compensation in designing, developing, and consulting on various compensation initiatives for the Company; evaluates and benchmarks current compensation programs to determine competitive position; uses in-depth knowledge, strategic judgment and technical expertise to successfully develop, administer and communicate compensation programs.
- Effectively administer various base pay, variable and supplemental compensation programs for the Company
- Work effectively with internal departments including Legal, Treasury, IT, Finance and Payroll as needed.
- Plan, implement, and deliver various educational group and one-on-one meetings with leaders on compensation plans as needed.
- Manage annual and periodic audit processes.
- Evaluate and benchmark assigned current compensation programs to determine competitive posture
- Develop recommendations and solutions on compensation plan revisions as well as new plans which are cost-effective and aligned with market trends and Company objectives.
- Serve as liaison with the Company's external counsel and other consultants to assist in analyzing new plan designs, costs and compliance issues.
- Collaborate with legal and tax areas to track and understand new legislation and regulations to ensure plan compliance.
- Assist with compensation program transitions on acquisitions and divestitures.
- Assist in gaining economies of scale by providing guidance in merging plans and vendor relationships.
- Assess governance and compliance risk in regions and local subsidiaries, and develop proactive compliance strategies. Partner effectively with Legal and Corporate Affairs, Finance, and HR & Payroll Systems.
- Collaborate with Business Partners providing consulting and strategic direction on compensation issues.
- Provide communications, training, and guidance on plans and compliance requirements for administration to HR Operations and the HR Business Partner groups.
- With HR Business Partners, interface with leaders with the organization by providing consultative advice and direction on design and communication issues.
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
- Work with Director, Compensation Design, to identify and prioritize projects.
- Complete projects and studies as assigned, utilizing professional judgment and available internal and external resources.
- Research, analyze and synthesize information to determine the best course of action.
- Effectively communicate project status and results.
- Projects are generally diverse in subject matter and objective and are typically complex, large-scope, and corporate-wide.
- Stay current on legislative updates affecting the areas of compensation and benefits, including ERISA, DOL, IRS and HHS agencies.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines impacting executive compensation programs, and oversee preparation of reports and filings as required by government agencies.
- Remain current on legislative and IRS changes relative to plan regulations, procedure changes and mandated disclosures.
- Confer with vendors and consultants to analyze equity and viability of current compensation programs compared to trends and regulatory requirements. Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against industry standards and comparable companies.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor/Employment Studies, Business, Finance or equivalent.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Relevant progressive experience in compensation
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and administering compensation programs
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional)
- PHR (Professional in Human Resources) or SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Office Tools
- Mastery level Excel
- Superior ability to compile, synthesize, reconcile and analyze data from various sources, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with senior-level executives
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to make decisions, influence others and to gain their support
- A team player; ability to adapt to different styles and develop cooperative relationships with employees at all levels in the organization
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org