Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
Gateway Health is seeking a leader who will oversee the next stage of business growth and accelerate its ability to achieve its mission of caring for the whole person in all communities where the need is greatest. The Vice President of Sales, Medicare is a new role in the company and represents a broad and impactful senior executive position at Gateway. The successful candidate will drive Gateway's growth strategy through sales in various channels, including retail (individual sales and telesales) and broker oversight. The successful candidate will collaborate with multiple partners, including Marketing, Community Engagement, and Operations to support product sales and retention.
- Create and implement the sales growth strategy for Medicare line of business across our geographic footprint .
- Develop and communicate enrollment forecast and performance targets to support the established growth strategy (currently a $4B book of business).
- Develop and lead Gateway's sales generation efforts for the Medicare line of business.
- Establish and implement sales growth strategy across our geographic footprint.
- Develop and implement an organizational structure and process to build a high performing Sales and Retention team. Establish expectations and goals, provide motivation, and assist in the development of ongoing sales training on consultative selling techniques.
- Maintain a continuous improvement lens to maintain an effective structure and process.
- Develop and communicate enrollment forecast and performance targets to support the established growth strategy (currently $1B book of business).
- Ensure effectiveness of all sales channels; provide leadership to the sales team to ensure appropriate utilization to achieve established sales goals.
- Create and implement sales strategies to achieve overall sales goals.
- Manage the broker relationships, ensuring accountability for product sales and alignment with our sales strategy and compliance with product requirements.
- Develop, implement, and oversee strategy and processes for the Retention Team, including Internal Retention and Member On-boarding. Goals include:
- Developing and implementing retention strategies that become the industry standard for member retention.
- Administer ongoing associate training and quality control programs, including the hiring and development of staff, monitoring individual performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action when necessary; and managing within an annual administrative budget
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- 7 years of progressive management experience in a health insurance sales environment
- State specific Producer License Accident & Health are required or obtained within 45 days of hire
- Undergraduate degree
- Previous direct sales or direct sales management experience in health insurance
- Master’s degree
- Sales experience in Government product portfolio
- Experience with individual, group and broker sales
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent problem resolution abilities, and motivational/leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Medicare Advantage products and compliance requirements.
- Broad understanding of benefit, product rating language, agent plan activities, and MA competitive forces and market needs
- Broad understanding of the alignment of product marketing and sales efforts
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org