Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 20210714
Department: Life Flight
Location: Rotation between LF bases (Clarion/Butler/Indiana) (Canonsburg/Rostraver/Indiana)
Status: Full Time
Shift: 12/16 hour shifts Day/night rotations
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of nine hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Assumes and maintains responsibility for the patient and the onset of transferred care to the final disposition in the transport environment.
- Demonstrates clinical assessment skills and care planning skills.
- Provides safe and effective care for the age population served according to regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team, including EMS, for the plan of care from presentation through disposition.
- Monitors safety of self and others working in and around the aircraft.
- Participation in quality assurance programs such as chart audits and case reviews.
- Current RN PA license in good standing
- Minimum five (5) years recent Emergency or ICU Registered Nurse experience within a level 1 trauma center or tertiary center
- ACLS, PALS, BLS all required
- Advanced Certification of: must have minimum of one: CEN or CCRN or CTRN or CFRN is required
- Current PA PHRN certification
- CFRN Certification is required 1 year after successful completion of the orientation program
- NRP/PHTLS are required within 6 months of hire
- Must meet height and weight restrictions
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org