Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs a variety of housekeeping and administrative tasks and assists in the supervision of environmental service associates. Provides cleaning, floor care, moving, grounds, and project services as directed by a supervisor.
- Conducts inspections as required and ensures corrective action as required based on minimum QA scores. Maintains high standards, works steadily at an efficient pace, achieves high QA scores. (20%)
- Ensures restrooms are cleaned and restocked per department protocols. Cleans assigned MRSA rooms. Performs all cleaning, floor care and project assignments within area of responsibility or as directed by supervisor. Performs all related services, such as bed moves, changing mattresses, stocking supplies, etc. (20%)
- Completes weekly projects as designated by supervisor. (10%)
- Makes sure associates are properly equipped and supplied. Ensure shift is checked/signed in an all areas are appropriately staffed. Adjusts as needed. Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as provided. Trains new hires on department cleaning protocols and retrains environmental service staff not meeting department standards. (20%)
- Demonstrates knowledge of departmental policies and procedures. Demonstrates knowledge and efficient use of cleaning techniques, solutions, equipment and tools. (10%)
- Maintains equipment, tools, and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Responds rapidly to emergencies, special needs, spills, etc. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of environmental services experience
- FIT testing may be required, but provided upon hire as needed.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Basic reading, writing and effective communication skills. Ability to operate power equipment.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org