Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will have accountability for a team associated with a Product view port. The incumbent will have responsibility to understand the scope of work occurring in that value stream and interface with the Technical Product Owners and Experience Owner to ensure that there is proper coordination and organization of delivery. The incumbent is responsible for managing escalations and risks associated with products inside of their organization, and ownership of all aspects of the application product life cycle, including but not limited to product strategy, planning/road mapping, market competitive positioning, defining the customer value proposition, budgetary management, design, development, delivery, and support. Includes partnering with business stakeholders, collaborating with peers, leading cross functional teams, and managing vendors. The incumbent regularly engages with Consulting for Design, Architecture, Platform Solutions and Product Development and Marketing teams to enhance product offering and delivery and has a strong focus on software development and operational excellence using Agile and Lean practices to create market differentiated solutions. Ensures outcomes are compliant, high quality, available, reliable, effective, and secure.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Understand budget and resource utilization across the product teams. Escalate any issues regarding product delivery budgets and review action plans with product owners.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of the application product life cycle to ensure operational excellence and continuous improvement of processes.
- Contribute thought leadership and industry expertise to strategic planning and execution for current and future products.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization by preparing presentations and/or reports.
- Act as a coach and mentor to all members of the organization.
- Define and create the roadmap and supports the team in the delivery.
- Take ownership of any critical impediments that the scrum teams are not able to resolve.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 6 years progressive and related software engineering experience in lieu of Bachelor degree
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 10 years Experience working with information technology
- 5 years in developing, presenting and communicating technical concepts to varying audiences, to include 3 years experience in developing long term roadmaps
- 3 years in developing tactical solutions to diverse and complex business problems, including working with a variety of technology systems designing solutions or developing applications in healthcare
- 3 years of management experience
- 3 years of Lean techniques and Agile development
- 3 years of communicating a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment to the process
- 3 years of strong knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and regulations
- Proven leadership in executing large programs that deliver significant business value
- Have experience working with agile methodology of scrum
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
- Ability to provide feedback on employee performance to promote growth and retention
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrate and champion the following characteristics in fulfilling the responsibilities of the job: passion, accountability, collaboration and ethics
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability
- Demonstrates depth of engineering knowledge with a diverse understanding of systems and applications
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org