Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 7/27/2021
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: AHN Transfer Center/One Call
Status: Full Time
Shift: 72 hours every two weeks
Rotating all shifts Day/Eve/Night
Rotating weekends as well as holidays per policy
8 & 12 hour shifts available
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
If you still want to have direct patient care but are looking for a change from the floor or would like to gain experience managing from a hospital perspective and utilize clinical skills to prioritize patients for transfer into AGH, this could be a great opportunity
Thru the process of telephonic triage manages, directs and provides professional nursing care for patients:
- Manages patient flow throughout AHN.
- Triage patients from referring hospitals and physicians to determine appropriate site of care in collaboration with the transfer center medical staff.
- Possesses excellent clinical skills and the confidence to communicate with referring medical staff teams.
- Participates in process improvement to streamline patient flow into and between AHN facilities.
- Oversees, monitors and collects data related to the facility and department's quality and satisfaction measures.
- Oversees appropriate bed assignment and hospital location for patients
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by effective communication and interpersonal skills. Enhance professional relationships and achieves desired outcomes.
- Utilizes the nursing process in providing and coordinating the plan of patient care for the age appropriate population.
- Assures appropriate staffing levels and staffing mix to optimize routine operations within the context of productivity requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Current Pennsylvania RN license in good standing
- BSN Degree required
- Completion of Bachelor's degree within allotted timeframe is required for internal candidates only
- Minimum three (3) years recent nursing ICU, critical care or Emergency RN experience
Certification in area of specialty/Completion of specialty certification required within one year
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to prioritize patient and department needs, and supervise unit operation and personnel.
- Ability to utilize resources for problem resolution
- Follows Standard Precautions and/or other appropriate precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business or related field
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org