Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This position is specifically for an experienced Enterprise Storage Administrator for Windows, Linux, and public cloud environments to assist in the design, implementation, and complete automation of storage services for Containers.
This job takes a lead role in more complex plans to research, evaluate, design and develop IT Infrastructure systems by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to develop a compatible system infrastructure in line with organizational strategies. Takes a lead role in more complex design, development, and implementation of IT Infrastructure components such as operating systems, software tools, and utilities. Takes a lead role in conducting more complex studies of IT Infrastructure performance and traffic analysis. Takes a lead role in determining more complex systems design requirements and ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Takes a lead role in generating more complex IT Infrastructure engineering policies, standards and procedures. May mentor less experienced team members.
- Takes a lead role in serving on teams in clearly defining, with the customer, more complex requirements, deliverables and timeframes. Escalate issues and make recommendations to resolve them to the appropriate audience.
- Takes a lead role conducting more complex root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting IT Infrastructure.
- Takes a lead role to develop and/or deliver technical training in complex technical areas. May mentor less experienced team members in the execution of their duties.
- Takes a lead role in completing more complex project tasks to enable the on time, within budget and scope delivery of IT Infrastructure projects.
- Assure compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years of experience in Information Technology
- Detailed knowledge of NetApp, IBM, and EMC enterprise-level storage arrays.
- Operational experience with NetApp and EMC NAS products.
- Operational knowledge and experience with GCP, AWS, and/or Azure Cloud Services including storage, security, networking, compute, backups, etc.
- Operational knowledge of and experience in Container Services such as Kubernettes, Docker, and/or Openshift.
- Operational knowledge of and experience in Container Service Platforms like GKE, OKE, and EKS.
- Operational knowledge of and experience with the methods by which the Container Service Platforms manage capacity and HA.
- Understanding of Persistent Storage techniques for containers.
- Understanding of Cloud Monitoring tools.
- Understanding of Regional vs zonal HA techniques.
- Operational experience with Cloud Object Storage.
- Operational knowledge of and experience with Gitlab, Ansible, and Terraform for infrastructure automation.
- Competency in a scripting language like Go.
- Understanding of API gateways.
- Understanding of IAM standards like SAML and OAUTH.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of Key Management and Encryption standards.
- SAN Network experience with Cisco and Brocade directors and switches.
- Experience with enterprise snapshot and backup technologies. Experience with CommVault backup software preferred.
- Knowledge of data replication processes and how they relate to Disaster Recovery RPO and data consistency; array-based data replication experience.
- Detailed understanding of storage performance metrics and the ability to analyze current and historical metrics for performance reporting purposes.
- Understanding of performance metric gathering tools from NetApp, EMC, and IBM.
- The ability to present performance and capacity data to management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- Experience working with external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, perform root cause analysis, and apply appropriate resolutions.
Also of benefit:
- Windows server and Linux server operational knowledge.
- VMWare and Hyper-V knowledge from a storage administration perspective.
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Group Policy.
- An understanding of IT financial processes.
- Experience in managing audit and compliance inquiries.
- Healthcare industry (payer and provider) experience.
- PMP certification a plus.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org