Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Leads the development and implementation of supply chain strategy to support enterprise goals. Develops capabilities and supply chain initiatives to support supply chain performance and is responsible for supply chain processes, infrastructure and compliance. Leads senior management to monitor core supply chain performance, including delivering against product and service level agreements and cost objectives.
1. Strategically plans, directs, and develops integrated processes to manage on contract spend, purchasing, materials logistics and product standardization across all hospitals, surgery centers and physician practices.
2. Direct oversight of the following: Purchasing, Supply Chain Customer Service, Supply Chain Information Technology, Materials Management/Storeroom, PAR inventory replenishment for all AHN entities.
3. Direct oversight of Supply Chain Information Technology platform and resources. Onboarding of new entities onto the platform. Lead functional enhancement upgrades compliant to industry best practices.
4. Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Communicate tasks, work schedules and accountability. Monitor and evaluate performance of direct reports as well as departmental and organizational metrics.
5. Lead the materials management function to include Receiving, Distribution and Inventory management throughout the entire hospital system to include OR, procedural areas, nursing units, etc. Manage product standardization efforts and product conversions. Monitor material expiration dates.
6. Lead and manage the standardization of all non-specialized clinical and non-clinical products and services. Work with the preferred distribution center on all conversions and standardization efforts to deplete existing inventory and stock to the conversion or standardization.
7. Works directly with inter-disciplinary departments to include Finance, Internal Audit, Revenue Cycle, Clinical teams, etc. to ensure data integrity and transfer.
- BS of Business Management, Supply Chain
- 5 years of supply chain management experience to include materials management as well as purchasing
- 7 years management experience
- Advanced communication skills and ability to relate to all provider and business partner stakeholders involved in supply chain services activities
- Advanced analytical, organizational and project skills
- Experience leading extremely complex projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Previous Hospital Operations experience strongly preferred
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org