Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides emergency medical care to the sick and injured patients in the pre-hospital and hospital environment; effectively communicates with all persons and departments involved in the administration of emergency medical care.
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury; provide basic life support and transport to the critically ill and injured in the prehospital setting. (50%)
- Drives response vehicle. (20%)
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards. (15%)
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies including BLS and ALS and has accountability for medications on every EMS unit per regulatory standards.(15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Driver's License
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC)
- Hazmat R/O
- Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org