Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Image Management: · Ensure an optimal environment for viewing and interpretation of images. · Monitors interfaces to system-EMR/RIS/PACS/Voice Recognition. · Ensures data integrity and optimal image and workflow processes. · Participates and makes recommendations toward the development of policies pertaining to image management ensuring compliance with federal regulations, familiar with Medical Imaging Standards. · Assesses imaging modality capabilities for all Diagnostic Imaging on an ongoing basis. Project Management: · Participates in the management of project scopes and identifies potential risks, a key member of the project team · Uses common project tools for planning, monitoring, implementing, and following up on project steps to closure of project and beyond. · Assists with budget development and cost schedule using planned resources Communication: · Understands roles and relationships within healthcare system. Is able to speak and interpret medical terminology with healthcare professionals. · Communicates to stakeholders any downtime, upgrades, changes to workflow and/or methods. Works with departmental management staff to ensure minimal disruption to operation. Information Technology: · Assists with vendor management for all applicable applications · Receptive to learning new skills to expand effectiveness including but not limited to transmission protocols, network configuration, server management, DICOM, HL7. · Implement and maintain hardware/software including planned upgrades and updates · Able to retrieve data for key performance indicators or audits as requested.
Takes call on rotational schedule with other team members.
- Works with customers, application developers, architects, project management and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality business solutions. Is involved in the full system development lifecycle and is responsible for creation and maintenance of project lifecycle documents/deliverables (vision document, supplemental specifications, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials). (20%)
- Aids with application development project deliverables - e.g. vision document, supplemental specifications, user design, testing plan, testing schedule, testing scenarios, testing outcomes, approvals, and training materials. (20%)
- Manages job and project requirements so that projects are completed on time, in scope, within budget, and with minimal defects. May help to maintain documentation such as design documents, architecture, and flow diagrams. (15%)
- Provides required business and/or technical support for both project and production related activities. (15%)
- Assures compliance with required standards and that all necessary approvals have been obtained throughout the project lifecycle. (10%)
- Interfaces with the business areas, customers, partners, vendors, technical staff and project teams to drive value, enhance return on investment, and create innovative solutions. This includes providing alternative solutions, including vendor solution acquisitions, with maximum benefits while reducing cost (e.g. cost benefit analysis, pros/cons of solution) (10%)
- Is accountable for testing of solution (e.g. testing plan, scenarios, documentation, defect management) to ensure minimal production and UAT defects are realized. Will interface closely with the business and technical staff on the team during all phases of the project, including unit and system testing, integration and UAT testing culminating with implementation checkout and post implementation support. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and one to three years related experience; or high school diploma/Associate’s degree and three to five years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If Pharmacy System Analyst: 3-5 years’ experience with Pharmacy Informatics and/or System Analysis/Design.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org