Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Develop and implement procedures for recovering revenue lost through the coding and charging process. Responsible for the direct supervision of staff within a department of the Revenue Cycle Organization (RCO). Assists in the management of daily operational processes, including: optimization of work assignments, Human Resources, providing technical expertise for revenue cycle and CPR + and functions within the department of responsibility. Identifies work flow issues and solutions, training needs, works special projects, resolves claim/account issues and technical problems and communicates/escalates root cause issues as appropriate. Monitors daily workflow, reassigns work as needed and monitors staff productivity as required to achieve key revenue cycle performances indicators. Facilitates a climate of teamwork.
- Supervises staff, evaluates work and current state results, monitors staff time and recommends and implements corrective actions. (35%)
- Uses problem solving skills and planning abilities to diagnose and solve root process, payer and system issues impacting revenue cycle objectives. (25%)
- Organizes, delegates, monitors and measures special projects to ensure they are completed timely and accurately. Provides formal feedback on project results to management. (20%)
- Identifies, quantifies and monitors account detail or workflow processes for barriers. Makes process improvements or initiates courses of action for problem resolution. (15%)
- Independently leads initiatives as assigned by management, coordinating task teams or other forums to deliver results as identified and/or determined by leadership. Provides formal updates and closure. (5%)
- Associate’s Degree.
- For transplant department- work experience in transplant hospital registration billing/business office specifically related to transplant revenue cycle management.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a multi-physician medical practice or facility registration billing/business office specifically related to revenue cycle management, including staff supervision.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills and detailed knowledge of federal and third-party professional fee billing regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Coding certification preferred or business trade school specializing in medical/practice coding, billing and collections.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org