Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists the CRNAs or Anesthesiologists with patient preparation, including invasive procedures such as line placement and insertion of invasive monitors utilizing sterile/aseptic technique as required Ensures that surgical cases are properly prepared, including airway, transducer, and TEE setups. Performs calibration of invasive monitors. Applies non-invasive monitors (i.e., EKG, blood pressure cuff, pulse oximetry, etc) under supervision.
- Operates blood gas machines and performs blood gas analysis. Assures proper identification and labeling of patient samples. Records results on appropriate forms and returns the results promptly to the correct OR.
- Ensures supplies, equipment, and drugs are readily available for each anesthetic procedure. Inventories and restocks anesthesia supply levels in the Operating Suite, Obstetrical Suite, Off-Site Facilities and/or Ambulatory Surgery Center. Inventories and restocks Anesthesia Workroom as needed to ensure that the appropriate amount and type of supplies and drugs are readily available. Identifies premixed pharmaceutical solutions. Assists with the set-up of infusion pumps when needed. Sets and adjusts par levels of supplies in collaboration with the Chief CRNA. Orders supplies from vendors in collaboration with the Chief CRNA.
- Prepares contaminated equipment for sterilization. Properly disposes of contaminated materials and equipment utilizing appropriate personal protection devices (i.e. gloves, gowns, eye protection) when necessary.
- Keeps Anesthesia Workroom neat and organized. Returns equipment and supplies to the appropriate location for storage following use. Assigns anesthesia techs and aides to clean and organize the anesthesia workroom and operating room storage areas (i.e. storage cabinets, pediatric closet).
- Directs the activities of the Anesthesia Techs and Anesthesia Aides in facilitating the operation of the Anesthesia Workroom. Develops the daily work assignments. Assists the Chief CRNA with the approval of the vacation and holiday schedule. Communicates employee issues to the Chief CRNA. Provides input to the Chief CRNA regarding performance of the anesthesia techs and aides.
- Assists clinical staff in preparation for delivery of anesthesia care.
- Locates and delivers equipment, supplies, monitoring devices or other items as requested. Assists with turnover of rooms by changing breathing circuits, masks, monitoring lines and filters; cleaning laryngoscope blades; and inspecting and replacing suction tubing between cases. Prepares transducer set up for procedures requiring invasive monitors. Prepares anesthesia areas within individual Operating Rooms by assembling appropriate anesthesia equipment and supplies for the first case of the following day. Assists with anesthesia set up in the GI Lab, BMT/ECT Suite, Radiology Department and other off site facilities.
- Coordinates, schedules, teaches and evaluates Anesthesia Technician students.
- Provides data entry for various staffing tools and hospital initiatives.
- Graduate of an accredited Anesthesia Technician training program or equivalent experience.
- Anesthesia Technician Certification required.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as an Anesthesia Technician.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org