Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for the overall performance of the warehouse, including operations, customer service, office operations and IT. Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls all office and warehouse activities. The Director assists management in establishing warehouse performance objectives in regard to cost, continuous improvement, productivity, customer service and profit. Utilizes measurement processes, best practices, innovation, technology, benchmarking and ongoing training to create and sustain a Continuous Improvement environment. Implement and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives tied to productivity, procedures, product flow, waste reduction and warehouse layout.
- Interact with executive members and employees. Provides updates and makes recommendations to Senior Management on a regular basis.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets / accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Leads the development and execution of strategic and tactical operational plans and programs.
- Direct the daily activities of the warehouse to ensure a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all safety, OSHA, and DOT regulations; and all federal, state and local laws pertaining to employment.
- Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field.
- 5 years of Management and Supervisory experience, within a warehouse environment.
- Proficiency in planning, staffing, and budgeting
- Strong, proactive analytical skills. Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Conflict resolution skills with customers and staff
- Possess professional business demeanor
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, “roll up your sleeves" environment
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org