Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job will ensure vendor services meet business needs and timely vendor payment, track vendor contracts and terms, and budgeting. This job will also have responsibility for operational support with vendor relationships, working directly with the vendor client relationship role and to ensure day-to-day oversight and management in meeting performance expectations outlined in the service level agreement (SLA), contract and governance documentation.
- Review vendor invoices to ensure accuracy, compliance with contractual terms and that desired services were performed. Responsible for payment of reconciled/validated invoices. Manage the budget function including managing Purchase Orders and compliance with Accounts Payable guidelines, entering data into the Highmark budget system consistent with senior management direction, monitoring monthly actual versus budget reports, and serving as a consultant applicable to budget issues with senior management.
- Oversee the work of lower touch external vendors and take responsibility for their work quality. Plan, manage and oversee all operational support of these vendor relationships, working directly with the client relationship team and vendor to ensure performance is meeting our expectation outlined in the contract as well future contract negotiation planning and implementation for new business needs. This will include tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs.
- Manage operational issues for assigned vendors and ensure vendors adhere to all operations service level agreement metrics. Makes recommendations for business process improvements with a thorough understanding of problems and solutions as they relate to the business needs.
- Represent, engage and champion operational needs within the governance process and structure as outlined in the vendor contract to ensure efficient and effective relationship management of the services provided. Work in a matrixed environment and communicate to business owners / leadership on vendor communications, projects, and issues. Ability to create reviews and presentations for leadership.
- Manage contracts applicable to managed vendors including working with procurement on negotiations, contract development and renewal, and financial reimbursement. Act as the intermediary between Highmark and vendors. Document vendor compliance with key contract terms / requirements.
- Works closely with Vendor Operation Analysts to ensure technical vendor issues are understood, resolved, and communicated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Health Care Management, Economics or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 3 years in Vendor Management OR Vendor Operations OR Financial Reporting
- 3 years in the Health Care industry
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for learning
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft office suite)
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position. Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, and problem solving abilities.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org