Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
The General Clerk performs clerical support for functional groups in accordance with standard procedures, such as copying, preparing and distributing mail, inventory, data entry, filing, faxing and retrieving documents, indexing and scanning/imaging documents. May also include, performing calculations, compiling and maintaining records, posting and verifying information, and resolving questions and problems. Online processing system(s) may be used to perform one or more these clerical functions. The Clerk also resolves discrepancies and may communicate with a variety of internal and external customers. Incumbent is expected to meet quality and production standard established by management.
1. Communicate effectively. This position displays effective communication skills while performing the following functions:
- Interacting with internal/external customers.
2. Prepare, sort and distribute mail, inventory, and reports.
3. Enter data/statistics into database or reports.
4. Monitor, track and review inventory.
5. Additional clerical duties may include, but are not limited to: photocopying and responding to incoming phone calls including transferring caller to the appropriate department.
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of related, progressive experience. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016.
Note: If servicing DoD programs, the following may be required:
- United States citizenship (as required by the Department of Defense)
- Successful attainment of a Department of Defense DIACAP security clearance.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org