Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The job will work closely with the Corporate Development and Strategic Investments team on critical and value maximizing initiatives across the Highmark Health enterprise. Initiatives will span our entire portfolio of companies including businesses in health insurance and health care delivery. The job will be responsible for evaluating, modeling and executing strategic opportunities including joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and venture investments. Will have exposure to a wide variety of corporate functional areas, including finance, accounting, legal and business units throughout the Company. The position requires a hardworking, organized, analytical team member who can manage multiple projects. The Analyst needs to be able to thrive in a highly iterative environment where responsibilities will change frequently based on opportunities to create value.
- Perform financial statement analysis, valuation and financial modeling of potential investment and M&A opportunities
- Conduct in-depth company and industry research
- Identify prospects and evaluate merits of potential investment opportunities
- Assist in negotiating terms and conducting due diligence
- Develop business cases on investment and M&A opportunities for senior management
- Maintain group databases
- Create and disseminate reports on financing and industry trends
- Take initiative to make process improvements and standardize approaches
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, a scientific/technical field, or related field
- Experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity or management consulting
- 1 year of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience working on M&A transactions and/or private equity investments
- Sound technical skills with valuations, financial modeling and analyses
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with senior executives in a professional and confident manner.
- Solid research, analytical, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org