Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs linen distribution duties as assigned, in accordance with guidelines established by the Nursing Department; supplies all areas of the hospital with an adequate supply of linen, and collects soiled linen for processing; records and reports any linen issues to the appropriate management staff; performs additional responsibilities as requested by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Safely transports and supplies all areas of the hospital with an adequate supply of linen. Ensures an aseptic and aesthetic environment by providing for the prompt removal of soiled linen. Utilizes knowledge and judgment in the movement of linens, in compliance with standard precautions. (80%)
- Adjusts the daily linen order based on patient census, in accordance with acceptable practices. Reviews with the appropriate management staff. Maintains open lines of communication with the linen supplier. (10%)
- Is knowledgeable of and complies with all safety and infection control standards to provide a safe environment for employees and customers. (5%)
- Follows proper guidelines for the "rag-out" procedure. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be able to prioritize requests and pace workflow to complete all necessary tasks prior to the end of shift.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org