Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direct supervision of the nurse, provides for the care, safety, comfort and privacy of patients based on their individual needs.
- Provides, obtains or performs and documents direct patient care and activities such as: activities of daily living, skin survey, vital signs, ambulation, specimen collection, intake and output, meal consumption, height and weight, blood glucose testing/monitoring, point of care testing, bladder scanning, transporting of patients and their charts, documentation of O2, assistance with exams, treatments and procedures. May also complete 12 lead EKG testing (30%)
- Reports changes in patient's physical, mental and emotional conditions, as well as any issues or concerns identified to nursing staff. (20%)
- Participates in unit activities such as supply stocking, patient transport, and equipment/appliance cleaning, checks and retrieval. (20%)
- Participates in quality and patient satisfaction initiatives which may include hourly rounding promoting safety such as fall prevention, hand washing, isolation protocol and maintaining and orderly environment. (30%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Current CPR certification required
- Previous Nursing Assistant experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- CNA preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org