Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
Within the Salesforce team, takes a lead role to (application, solution, information, technology, business) design, develop, implement, support, and optimize more complex architecture strategy to meet business capabilities and needs. Takes a lead role to ensure completeness of more complex architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders. Ensures integrity of more complex architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies, best in class industry trends, and new Salesforce releases. May take on role of Project Lead for special assignments. May mentor less experienced team members.
1. Takes a lead role to provide strategic consultation to Salesforce business customers in defining or designing more complex business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitates development of more complex enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Participates in more complex enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
2. Takes a lead role to specify and design large or more complex Salesforce-based systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Reviews others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establishes policy for selection of more complex architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on more complex major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
3. Uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of more complex Salesforce architectures. Takes a lead role to produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensures that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
4. Selects and uses more complex tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Takes a lead role to identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which more complex products or systems will operate. Identifies, proposes, initiates, and leads significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modifies existing process improvement approaches and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement.
5. Takes a lead role to ensure the resolution of a variety of more complex architecture and business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
- Communicates effectively will all levels of organization
- Manages expectations of customers, partners and management
- Participates in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making
- Interacts with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
6. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Salesforce and related technologies and provides expert advice regarding their application.
7. Takes a lead role in providing leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by:
- Preparing presentations on more complex issues on the area of expertise
- Presenting to their peers to ensure consistency to Highmark's strategic direction.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience (For Experience requirements please see appropriate role/level guide. If not applicable, list experience requirements below.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
10 – 15 years experience in multiple IT disciplines and 5 - 7 years experience with Salesforce
- Salesforce certifications
- Health insurance industry business knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
An Architect is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill set are reviewed every other year, new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
Salesforce, Service Cloud, Health Cloud, Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, APIs, Vlocity, HTML5/XML
Project Management Tools:
Certification in application areas such as:
Salesforce Certified Architect
Language (other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org