Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job will build equity into the organization by developing and executing on a strategic roadmap of customer experience opportunities positively impacting key Medicaid constituents including members, providers and regulators. The incumbent will serve as an advocate, focused on the key needs and trends of the business unit’s customers across markets; analyzing the Organization's performance against the Customers’ needs and creating differentiated experiences to meet or exceed Customers’ expectations. This job will serve as a high visibility resource across the Organization to influence decisions from strategy through implementation and serve as a validation point to ensure recommended efforts align to the Medicaid Service Model. The incumbent will be responsible for understanding the customer experience and its impacts through the lens of the organization including operations, technology and vendors as well as through the lens of members, providers and regulators in each market. This role will be required to gain alignment across business areas and lead groups of executives with naturally competing needs to decisions. The incumbent will also lead cross-functional workgroups to assess critical KPIs essential to the Medicaid Service Model and work quickly to determine root cause for issues and support resolution. This resource will serve as the champion for the Service Model for our customers and advocate for strategic initiatives that supports its objectives. Partnership with change management and leaders will be critical to lead adoption of the service model language and goals into every day organizational culture and processes. This leader will be required to lead with empathy, championing the voice of the customer within the Medicaid Business unit.
- Create customer experience roadmaps using human-centered design principles, informed by the needs of the customers, to support the Enterprise vision of delivering a differentiated healthcare experience.
- Roadmaps will include short & long term plans to deliver on customer centricity strategies.
- Gain strategic alignment across matrixed executive partners on developed strategies, recommended pilot concepts, business cases & funding requirements.
- Develop & implement simultaneous pilots geared toward driving value & customer centricity. Pilots will be used to simulate performance prior to full scale launch or sunset efforts.
- Manage pilots end to end, including project plans, key metric development and recommendations to scale in market or sunset.
- Partner with cross-functional groups to ensure customer experience requirements are infused during planning & implementation.
- Through partnership with Market Research, use customer insights to evolve the customer experience roadmap by proactively identifying necessary customer experience trends & requirements.
- Work to define & evolve the target customer experience to meet or exceed targeted member’s expectations driving retention & acquisition for the brand.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- 8 years' experience applying research and customer insights to project work
- 8 years' experience in project management
- 5 years' working in a matrix environment or working collaboratively with multiple cross-functional business units
- Experience in health industry or healthcare
- Ability to influence and work effectively with peers
- Ability to build strong internal champion relationships
- Passion for understanding customer needs, wants and journey
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations and conflict resolution
- Ability to inspire and motivate
- Demonstrated success in leveraging Customer knowledge and insights to drive business results
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovative or new ways of thinking, approaching problems and delivering solutions
- Proven success in communicating effectively in written, verbal and presentation formats
Language Requirement (other than English)?
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
General Description for Office-Based Positions
An employee in this position works in an office environment. The position frequently requires the employee to communicate well with others both inside and outside the workplace (e.g., in person, via telephone, via email). The employee must be able to understand, interpret and analyze data, solve problems, concentrate, and research, use available technological resources and systems (e.g., computer programs), multi-task, prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines to complete essential tasks. The employee generally works in a fast-paced and frequently stressful environment, must attend work on a regular and reliable basis as well as adhere to all workplace policies, and may be called upon to work outside regular business hours.
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org