Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job ensures the availability, performance and stability of processes that create, store and deliver data for internal and external stakeholders. To achieve this, the incumbent will lead teams that monitor, maintain and support an efficient and reliable production environment for all of Highmark Health’s analytic and operational data platforms. This includes reactive and proactive support for data engineering patterns that ingest, transform, and curate data; processes that create enriched datasets for use by data consumers; automation of key data product processes (e.g., ACGs, HEDIS); and access to and/or exchange of data through APIs and interoperable feeds. The incumbent will also manage effective and efficient quality control processes to ensure data are trustworthy and robust change control processes that balances our need to be nimble with the requirement of high quality and accuracy.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Monitor, maintain, and support the operational and analytic data platforms and technology, working closely with IT partners to ensure the group is leveraging the latest tools and technology. Oversee an efficient and effective quality control process that tests and reviews all code and processes to ensure accuracy. Create an overall production and continuous improvement discipline that not only delivers on quality, but continuously lowers our cost to deliver.
- Support data and analytic end-users and stakeholder needs for appropriate data access, awareness, understanding, and troubleshooting to ensure successful information delivery.
- Reliably deliver all assets that exist within the production environment (e.g., data sources, curated datasets, APIs, data feeds, analytic & business intelligence tools) on a timely and accurate basis such that end-users can be more efficient and effective in their job.
- Act as the liaison to the Organization's broader data governance processes, data engineering teams, and other key information technology partners. Act as a critical link to IT and our external plan partners who are leveraging our analytical tools.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, or Health Informatics
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer and Information Science, or Computer Engineering
- 7 years in Data Analytics
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 5 years in Information Systems
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Health Information Management
- Talent Management
- IT Operations
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org