Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Acts as a liaison between hospital clinical areas and the IT services. Implements key clinical project initiatives as they relate to the enterprise eHealth strategies. Serves as a group lead for clinical process redesign, metric design and consultative services for the ongoing support of the electronic health record. Assists with identifying, evaluating, planning and revising any existing clinical system in an effort to standardize workflows. Works with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of the system through education and training. Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates programs designed to teach electronic health record systems to others; works cooperatively with the information management system to coordinate training needs; serves as a liaison among end users of the system.
- Conducts current and future state analyses with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders as deemed necessary. Facilitates and collaborates with all process teams. (10%)
- Plans, coordinates, and monitors development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of assigned projects associated with the enterprise wide initiative. (20%)
- Participates in the development, monitoring, and management of various clinical system work teams aimed at standardizing work processes. (15%)
- Collaborates with the technical team in the system design. Performs appropriate testing of the design to ensure that it meets specifications and the clinical needs. Troubleshoots and tracks issues pertaining to the clinical system. Assists in creating downtime policies and procedures relating to the use of the clinical system. (15%)
- Responsible to educate and instruct clinical and non-clinical users on the features, operations and usage of the system(s). Assists in conducting process audits to ensure that project initiatives and best practices are being met and maintained. (15%)
- Collaborates to plan, coordinate, provide, and evaluate entry level, advanced, and continuing education on the clinical computer system to staff, physicians, and interdisciplinary team members. Also, collaborates with the technical team in the system design. Performs appropriate testing of the design to ensure that it meets specifications and the clinical needs Develops training materials for the clinical computer system. Also, maintains testing scripts for all systems. (10%)
- Travels to physician offices, ambulatory and hospital clinical centers to conduct analysis, meet with staff and support the implementation. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. (5%)
- Associate's degree in IT, Management, Healthcare, or a related field
- 5-7 years of clinical experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Management, Healthcare, or a related field
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org