Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 05/04/2021
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Clinical Decision Unit
Status: Full Time
Shift: 80 hours every two weeks
Rotating shifts and weekends
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Provides day to day supervision and direction for the clinical staff.
- Supervises staff, evaluates work, and recommends and implements approved disciplinary action.
- Promotes a professional work environment through sound management principles and leadership skills. Promotes cooperative problem solving, appropriate delegation, and the building of team spirit through individual counseling, and assumes responsibility for own professional development.
- Ensures cost effective operations by scrutinizing resource utilization such as scheduling practices, payroll, and inventory control.
- Pursues continuous performance improvement by monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of care, and ensures compliance of regulatory standards.
- BSN Degree
- Consideration to internals who are currently enrolled in the BSN program, to be completed within required time frame
- Current PA RN license
- Three years relevant RN experience
- Master's degree in Nursing, Business, or related field
- Previous supervisory experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org