Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job prepares and serves meals to patients, employees, visitors, and catering customers. Maintains sanitation of equipment and work areas. Receives and disburses money for food service; operates registers and other related equipment; assists with providing food service to customers. Washes all china, silverware, pots, and pans used in preparation or service of food to patients, cafeteria customers, and guests.
- Utilizes proper food handling, portioning and food storage techniques according to departmental standards/policies and regulatory guidelines. Maintains, assembles and stocks adequate levels of food items, products and supplies. (20%)
- Performs register duties required to process customers according to procedures. Communicates cafeteria menu, specials, and pricing. (20%)
- Performs dish room/pot room duties as assigned in a timely, organized manner to supply clean supplies as needed. (20%)
- Disposes of trash according to procedures; cleans and sanitizes containers to ensure that department and agency sanitation guidelines and regulations are met. (20%)
- Maintains sanitation and safety standards according to departmental and regulatory agency requirements. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned and required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Basic computer and math skills and the ability to count money bags and make change.
- Experience in food services.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org