Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under direct supervision of Licensed Therapists, provides supportive therapy services; such as scheduling,record keeping activities, daily maintenance/upkeep of department/clinic and supervise, ordering/restocking of supplies and assist treating staff with patient care.
- Under direct supervision, assists physical therapist or occupational therapist, or assistant with direct age-sensitive patient care/needs in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Maintains necessary records as directed by manager, PT, OT, PTA or COTA; completes scheduling of patients utilizing on line system as directed; performs routine filing, takes and relays phone messages, greets visitors and provides routine factual information.
- Prepares treatment areas and supplies in a timely manner, organizes and maintains equipment and supplies including cleaning and making minor repairs as needed.
- Participates in activities to promote community health.
- Takes responsibility for performance improvement principles and ownership of department/clinic operational needs.
- High school diploma/GED
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR - Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA).
- Further requirements are department and unit specific.
- Prior experience interacting with patients and their families in a health care setting is preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org