Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job oversees the study and treatment of patients with emotional, mental, or psychological disorders. Manages and directs the activities of behavioral health services. Ensures all behavioral health operations are in compliance with clinical guidelines. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Provide leadership and direction for nursing programming across the continuum with respect to the AHN Core Behaviors. Is accountable to the AVH CNO for leading and executing strategies around nursing. Additionally ,will have responsibility across the network to actively collaborate with our behavioral health departments, offices, and physicians across the continuum.
- Behavioral health directors have the primary responsibility of developing, planning, and supervising mental health services to improve quality of life for mentally ill patients. Serves as a consultant for nurse managers and medical staff on patient care or nursing issues assisting with interpretation of Health Center policies to ensure patient needs are met. Utilizes a transformational leadership style to facilitate effective change management principles to drive needed improvements. Reviews patient satisfaction data and findings from Press Ganey and assists in coaching managers formulate improvement plan. (30%)
- Performs large scale project management independently. Participates in a research project. Lead and support evidence based projects & nursing research by assisting in the identification of opportunities to incorporate the scientific method into nursing practice. Oversees and ensures that standards of care are maintained relative to quality management, utilization review, and discharge planning. Through research and planning ensures patient care is delivered in accordance with the professional standards for nursing practice and is evidenced based. (20%)
- Benchmarks AHN performance against national best practices. Pursues sharing of best practices through publication, presentation at conferences and networking with other AHN leaders throughout the system. Seeks out learning opportunities to enhance professional growth and development. Creates and updates personal professional development plan annually. Minimally meets state requirements for continuing education. Identifies opportunities for journal publications for self and staff. (15%)
- Actively participates in the development and communication of nursing's shared vision. Accountable to ensure ongoing development and operation of Shared Governance model in all departments. (10%)
- Financial stewardship: monitors, controls, and is accountable for maintaining departmental costs within budgeted allocations. Analyzes clinical service areas for operational effectiveness, using dashboards and other data sources. (10%)
- Creates an environment that embraces cultural diversity and recognition that we are stronger as an interdisciplinary team when we embrace our differences. Promotes an environment of transparency on nursing units. Builds trusting and collaborates relationships with other hospital departments, patient care units, ambulance services, medical staff, patient and families, law enforcement officers, clergy, morticians, media and other health facilities. (5%)
- Promotes staff participation in the annual NDNQI nurse satisfaction survey. Additionally, coaches managers on identified opportunities from nurse satisfaction survey results. Actively participates in review and identification of opportunities of nurse quality indicators as measured by NDNQI at individual department level partnering with nurse managers. (5%)
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary. (5%)
- Other duties as required.
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Valid PA RN License
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification (PMH-BC) (Within 2 years of hire)
Clinical knowledge for understanding what patients with depression, anxiety, addiction, bipolar, schizophrenia, or other disorders need from their treatment.
Interpersonal Skills to supervisor a diverse staff
Managerial, team-building, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
*$15,000 Sign on Bonus with 2 year Committment*
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org