Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Delivers care in preoperative, intraoperative and post-operative settings to patients undergoing operative or other invasive procedures and provides direct assistance to operating physician during surgical procedures.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedures, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety. (15%)
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation. (15%)
- Performs specialized tissue handling, dissection, or cutting techniques under the direct supervision of the operative surgeon i.e. laproscopic trocal placement, preparation of allograft or valve tissue for implant or open/endoscopic vein harvesting. (20%)
- Chooses suture material and techniques i.e. knot tying, ligation of vessels, wound closure based on physician preference, density of tissue, support for suture line, need to evert skin edges, and cosmetic effect. (20%)
- Demonstrates expert proficiency in all staple devices to cut and staple vessels, tissue, bowel, when applicable. (10%)
- RNFA implements appropriate hemostasis techniques based on surgical situation i.e. applies pressure to control hemorrhage, uses instrumentation to control bleeding vessels, coagulates bleeding vessels with electrosurgical devices (Cautery, Ligasure) and assesses blood flow to determine if chemical hemostasis is necessary. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing
- RN License
- CRNFA (Certified RN First Assistant) certification from National Assistant at Surgery Certification (NASC)
- CNOR Certification from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI)
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification
- American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS certification
*Leadership and knowledge of multiple specialties, Da Vinci, Orthopedics,
Vascular, and General
*Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a
fast-paced, stressful environment
In this position, you will work with surgeons in the operating room by monitoring patient’s vital signs and provide aid if complications arise. are a must.
Assist surgeon in general and specialized surgeries
Prepare patients for surgery
Provide patient care and support
Practice surgical procedures such as controlling bleeding and suturing incisions, draping, providing exposure, and handling tissue
Prepare all necessary supplies
Position and prepare the patient on the operating table
Monitor the patient’s vital signs and heart rate
Study patient history and health assessments
Perform CPR or other emergency measures if required
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org