Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides emergency medical care to the sick and injured patients in the Prehospital environment; effectively communicates with all persons and departments involved in the administration of Emergency Medical Care.
- Drives response vehicle. (20%)
- Determines nature and extent of illness or injury; provide basic and advanced life support to the critically ill and injured during treatment and transport in the prehospital setting. (50%)
- Completes required documentation according to regulatory standards. (15%)
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies including BLS and ALS and has accountability for medications on every EMS unit per regulatory standards. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience (Prehospital Response Unit); post-certification as an EMT/Paramedic with standing orders and current Preceptor status for Rapid Response.
- Completion of a formal Paramedic training program; basic cardiac life support (CPR), EVOC, Hazmat R/O.
- PA certification as EMT/Paramedic or licensed PHRN.
- Valid PA driver's license and EVOC required upon hire.
- ACLS, ITLS/PHTLS, PALS required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Basic Vehicle Rescue Awareness, Haz-Mat Technician. ICS 100, 200 and IS 700, 800, ABLS and ASLS.
- One year experience (Pass Through Program).
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org