Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Receives, reprocesses, distributes and stores patient care equipment and instrumentation. Transports patients.
- Transports soiled equipment and performs decontamination and disinfection functions utilizing automated equipment and manual cleaning. (25%)
- Appropriately operates sterilizers in a manner consistent with regularly requirements and manufacturer's recommendations. (25%)
- Inspects, audits, and assembles surgical instrument sets and medical devices utilized in the Operating Room and other patient care areas of the hospital. Assembles surgical case carts accurately and efficiently. (25%)
- Transport patients. Assists in moving/lifting patients. (15%)
- Processes requests for patient care equipment received via computerized system and by telephone. (5%)
- May contact outside vendors for delivery of rental patient care equipment. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- For Central Service Technician (CST) hired after 12/29/2020 -- Employees who practice central sterile by the health care facility on or before December 29, 2020 are exempt from certification requirements:
- Pass a nationally accredited central service exam within 18 months from hire date
- Maintain one of the following: Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) OR Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT)
- Sterile processing or six months hospital experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice