Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Operates a computer based answering console, computerized windows based nurse call system, messaging center (answering service), operates software on PC for Dr's Messaging, paging console for overhead and pages to facilitate communications between doctors, patients, visitors, and System personnel.
- Answers external telephone calls, takes and relays messages, and provides callers with routine factual information in accordance with company policy.
- Operates a centralized PC based nurse call system. Answers patients when they press their call button for a nurse, listens to their request and locates a nurse or aide and relay message. To assist patients and staff.
- Operate paging console for purpose of locating personnel not in their offices, overhead and beeper paging, this may require typing and transmitting of messages to Alpha-numeric paging system.
- Operates a messaging service, Alpha-numeric paging and integration of voice mail system.
- Contacts all on-call personnel (OR, ER, Radiologists, Home Care, etc.) for appropriate staff and departments.
- Handles all emergencies (codes, fires, disasters, stats, alarms, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Operates a PC to obtain information on patients’ room numbers and phone numbers and to see which doctors are in the building.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge normally acquired through graduation from high school plus some additional specific knowledge or skills typically acquired by attending programs or schooling 12 months or less in duration such as a computer operations program.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org