Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for providing strategic and financial leadership for the hospital. Responsible for designing and executing strategic financial plans and initiatives that will grow inpatient/outpatient volume, build new business and ultimately build ROI. Working closely with the hospital CEO and other members of the executive team, will ensure that the strategic and financial plans are integrated and consistent. Keeping future relationships and regional planning in mind, will establish, analyze and execute financial policies and goals in support of AHN's larger strategic vision. Will also provide assistance to the CFO of AHN on all financial matters related to the hospital and strategic financial planning. Frequent interaction with Board Members, hospital and system senior leadership, department directors, local business leaders and government agencies requiring a collaborative approach to problems with an emphasis on relationship building.
- Provide leadership and expertise on all financial and business matters as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team. Provide support to the Executive Team to ensure ongoing compliance with fiscal goals.
- Develop short and long-range financial plans, play an active advising role regarding organizational priorities based on strategic needs of the hospital, and in consideration of financial benefits, capital availability and cost/benefit analyses.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and systems that promote the overall financial health, establish and maintain adequate systems of internal controls inclusive of regular reviews to identify areas for improvement/optimization.
- Play a key role in the development and approval of operating and capital budgets taking into account the strategic plan and long-range financial plan of the participating entities. Ensure that routine performance and analytic reports facilitate the identification of trends and improvement opportunities relative to approved budgets.
- Provide direction and education for a staff of financial leaders and support personnel whose role it is to partner with operations executives, physicians and system staff in the formulation and implementation of plans and initiatives that strengthen the organization.
- Work in close partnership with the Chief Medical Officer in analysis of physician performance and the subsequent improvement of clinical measures and financial outcomes of the medical staff.
- Assist the centralized functions of accounting, business office, accounts payable, payroll, decision support and managed care as to ensure maximization of performance, quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the system revenue cycle by providing leadership over revenue cycle and other operational areas including active participation in revenue cycle denial management, revenue capture and supporting managed care contracts.
- Maintain a "business leader" approach with a continual awareness of external/environmental issues along with an active understanding of organizational needs and priorities.
- Represent the finance function by participating on committees, task forces, work groups and multidisciplinary teams.
- Review and analyze cost performance including staff productivity, supply utilization, administrative costs, variances to budget. Monitors and measures performance against internal and external benchmarks.
- Prepare, present and analyze data and interpret trends for the use of operations executives and ensure that management discussion and assessment reports are relevant, timely and used for improving effectiveness.
- Assist in the analysis of managed care payer and governmental payer performance, as well as provide insights on critical contract changes to improve reimbursement.
- Participate in the negotiations and resolution of multiple opportunities based upon long-term needs and organizational values and operating principles.
- Participate in system work groups for the planning, design and roll-out of organization-wide programs. Advocate for the approval of entity projects, requests and initiatives based on sound evidence and fit with long-term strategic needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 10 years of demonstrated, progressively responsible, strategic, financial leadership/management experience within a large hospital, preferably an academic medical center.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and awareness of continuing changes that affect financial reporting. Excellent success collaborating with the Chief Information Officer
- Financial success in managing a complex healthcare environment
- Ability to navigate within a complex environment in which competing projects and priorities must be rationalized
- Epic experience
- Turnaround experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org