Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs direct and indirect technical tasks for patients before, during, and after surgical interventions.
- Initiates changes to physician preference list and assures that team members are aware of changes. (25%)
- Maintains the inventory for the service area assigned. (20%)
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument count. (15%)
- Orients new team members to assigned service area. Directs the work of lower level surgical technicians.(15%)
- Assists in setting up the surgical operating suite with appropriate instruments and supplies. (15%)
- Scrubs in prescribed manner, hands physician instruments required during surgery. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Surgical Technologist (ST) hired after 12/29/2020 must:
- Successfully complete a Surgical Technologist program sponsored by an entity holding nationally recognized institutional or programmatic accreditation and maintain a surgical technologist certification from an accredited certification program (including military completed programs). Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification required within 6 months of completion of Surgical Technologist program. OR
- Be employed to practice surgical technology by the health care facility on or before December 29, 2020 OR
- Been employed to practice surgical technology as the individual's primary function in another health care facility at any time during the two years immediately preceding December 29, 2020
- 3 years surgical scrub specialty experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org