Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job instructs, directs, and checks the work of other systems analysts and programmers. Formulates and defines the most complex system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devises or modifies procedures to solve the most complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares complex, detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming. Has excellent understanding of the business or function for which application is designed. Responsible for quality assurance review. Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of team members. Responsible for project completion and user satisfaction. Responsible for aligning project solution and work efforts to future technology direction for accountable applications. Responsible for setting application level development standards and design patterns for accountable applications.
- Provide the most complex architecture and technical designs including data mapping and process modeling in order to understand capability gaps or new requirements, particularly when onboarding new clients. Recommend changes to the client based on this analysis.
- Responsible for all aspects of the application life cycle, including coordination with user groups to identify solutions that improve business processes, implementing the most complex process and system changes, system training, and other user-focused activities.
- Conduct the most complex analysis and provide estimates based on technical component changes. Plan the installation of enhancements, integrations, and other systems changes. Ensure adherence to project schedule.
- Scan and debug complex technology to maintain optimum system performance.
- Provide guidance and education to lower level employees.
- Drive quality improvement of developed code thru automation of code reviews and testing harnesses.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 10 years of mainframe system development
- Master's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 7 years of Application Development experience
- Knowledgeable in application development at a large BCBSA Plan or other similar payer
- Knowledgeable in application development at a large claims process system such as OSCAR, FACETS, NASCO, PEGA Claims Engine or similar system
- IMS and DB2
- Message Broker
- PEGA, SQL, J2E
- Business Object
- Waterfall, Agile, Rational
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org