Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs echocardiographic procedures which include M-Mode, 2D real time, color flow, pulsed and continuous wave Doppler and stress echocardiograms. Assists with transesophageal procedures. Be able to assist during pericardiocentesis and obtain images with the use of contrast. Perform cardiac exercise testing and assist with nuclear cardiology. Must understand and provide preliminary (analysis) of echocardiograph results. Must be able to perform calculations and measurements as required. Assures functioning of the department is within ICAEL standards.
- Positions patients, selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately to independently perform ultrasound imaging according to ICAEL protocol efficiently and accurately. Assists the cardiologist with the performance of TEE and stress imaging studies. (65%)
- Utilizes safety and infection prevention standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures. Cleans equipment including TEE probes per laboratory approved protocol. Maintains adequate supplies for efficient department operations. (15%)
- Recognizes the need for contrast imaging and may administer if trained and verified as competent per laboratory protocol. (5%)
- Operates the laboratory ultrasound systems, information systems and databases and enters all required demographic and other data. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), or Sonography Certification and Registration (S-ARRT) or CCI Registered Technologist, or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) ARDMS certified or eligible. Must obtain certification within one year of employment.
- CPR certified.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience performing echocardiograms.
- RDCS certification through American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- May require PA driver's license.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org