Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Works under supervision to perform routine and special histological procedures on patient specimens. Prepares slides of surgical and post mortem tissues for pathological diagnosis and assists the pathologist in gross dissection and postmortem examinations.
- Embeds, sections, accurately labels and processes tissue sections in accordance with department policies and procedures to produce slides for pathologist's review. (35%)
- Operates, calibrates, checks and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information. (25%)
- Performs routine and special staining procedures. (15%)
- Assists Pathologist in operation room with intraoperative consultations, with or without frozen section. Performs frozen sections; sections bones for decalcification. (5%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (5%)
- May assist with collection of anatomic pathology specimens. (5%)
- May mentor student and new employees in laboratory testing following WPAHS policies and procedures. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- HT (ASCP) (American Society of Clinical Pathologists-Histology Technician), or HT (ASCP) eligibility.
- One year of clinical histology experience.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org