Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 20210210
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Vascular Access Team
Status: Full Time
Shift: 80 hours every two weeks
Rotation of all shifts: Day/Eve/Night with rotating weekends and holiday per policy
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Responsible and accountable for a designated patient population for the purpose of providing care based upon enactment of the nursing process.
- Demonstrates clinical assessment skills and care planning skills.
- Provides safe and effective care for the age population served according to regulatory requirements.
- Professionally directs and manages the activities of the patient care delivery by the team members.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team for the plan of care from admission through discharge.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture and willingness to learn.
- 60% patient and staff education focus
- 40% supporting Vascular Access Team in patient care responsibilities
· Insert peripheral IV's
· Insert midline catheters
· Function as part of the PICC insertion team
· Ultra sound guided peripheral IV inserts
· Collaborate on data collection for quality and surveillance
- Current PA licensure in good standing
- Minimum (2) two years RN critical care experience combined with Minimum one year (1) Vascular access experience
- OR two (2) years Vascular Access RN exp
- PICC insertion and midline experience required
Proficient with peripheral IV insertion
Experience accessing and de-accessing ports
Willing to obtain certification within 3 years
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice