COMPANYAllegheny Health Network
Date Posted: 202010205
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Radiology Special Procedures
Status: Part Time
Shift: 40 hours every two weeks
Day shift Mon – Friday with call rotation coverage
- 8 and/or 10 hour shifts
- Saturdays (4 per year per nurse)
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Delivers professional nursing care within the perioperative arena to patients undergoing operative or other invasive procedures.
High volume of neurointervention
These are invasive procedures much like the OR sterile, often times with anesthesia
- Coordinates use of supplies, instrumentation and equipment for pre and intraoperative care and ensures that the equipment is functioning properly.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Acts as patient advocate and documents preoperative and intraoperative care delivered in compliance with hospital, departmental and regulatory agencies.
- Monitors the surgical environment to ensure that aseptic technique is followed by the surgical team.
- Current RN PA license in good standing
- Minimum one year recent ICU or Radiology RN experience
- Must live within 30 minutes of Allegheny General for call
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org