Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs specialized HIM activities maintaining an accurate electronic health record (EHR) and associated databases. Responsible to investigate, analyze and resolve all necessary issues to insure integrity of the EHR and associated databases.
- Investigate and resolve all assigned issues reported via E.HR work queues, user reported issues and patient reported issues in a timely manner. (25%)
- Assure the data and document quality and integrity of the E.HR by resolving identified problems. Performs necessary functions to ensure one patient has one MRN across the network and associated databases. (20%)
- Researches, identifies and resolves documentation issues by performing chart correction/documentation processes necessary to ensure integrity of E.HR and associated databases. (15%)
- Collaborates with AHN departments to report and resolve issues as necessary. Ensures all documentation corrections and revisions are made in accordance with AHN policies. (10%)
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail and faxes in a timely manner according to established procedures. (10%)
- Provides support and education to all E.HR end users. (5%)
- Monitors and resolves any issues related to incoming or outgoing report distribution within the E.HR, ancillary and vendor databases. (5%)
- Produces accurate OR monitor. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. (5%)
- 1-3 years experience in HIM or related
- 1-3 years experience with electronic health records
- 1-3 years experience with medical terminology and chart content
- 1-3 years experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Associate's degree
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org