Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs standard and complex electroencephalographic recording and detect malfunctions of equipment and make repairs. Also perform all duties of a cardiology tech.
- Applies electrodes on predetermined positions on patient's head and checks accuracy for testing and recognizes and eliminates causes of electrical interference for a clear study for better interpretation.
- Calibrates and keeps equipment clean to maintain performance.
- Assesses and review tracings and abstract information from patients’ records to help neurologist interpret results.
- Perform other related duties in Cardiology.
- High school diploma or equivalent required plus some additional schooling 12 months or less in duration in EEG or respiratory therapy programs is required
- Six (6) months work experience in a hospital or physician's office is required
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR - Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department and unit specific
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org