Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
An integral member of the Allegheny Health Network senior leadership team, the Chief Medical Officer is responsible for providing strategic vision and medical operation oversight for designated entity within Allegheny Health Network (AHN). The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will be a leader in the creation and sustainment of the “ideal patient experience” throughout designated entity within AHN, by developing, implementing and monitoring systems and processes that ensure the highest quality of care, patient safety, high reliability, and evidence based medical standards. The CMO has several critical matrix and collaborative working relationships that are crucial to this role to drive primary and specialty care clinical strategies, interdisciplinary processes, clinical quality structures, and achieving excellent outcomes for the organization. Works collaboratively with the chairs, chiefs, and executive leadership team to develop operational goals and facilitates implementation of business, operational, and clinical tactics necessary for growth, improvement, and attainment of clinical, financial, and operational goals.
- Delivery of patient care: approximately 25%
- Works collaboratively with the chairs, chiefs, and executive leadership team to develop operational goals and facilitates implementation of business, operational, and clinical tactics necessary for growth, improvement, and attainment of clinical, financial, and operational goals.
- Responsible for standardizing protocols where appropriate across systems to improve quality of patient care. Ensure continuous improvement strategies are established and implemented.
- Serves as active participant on various AHN boards and committees including, but not limited to, committees devoted to quality, satisfaction, and engagement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable national, state and local laws and regulations; DOH; The Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements; Ensures compliance with hospital accreditation, academic, and governance standards.
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of management practices and productivity indicators using wide variety of data, including (but not limited to) patient, physician and staff satisfaction surveys; budget variance, staffing data, and staff utilization.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate Degree in MD or DO
- 10 years of clinical practice with demonstrated achievement
- 5 years of proven technological proficiency with a penchant for using technology tools in the practice of Medicine and patient care as evidenced in the use of electronic medical records and other tools
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience in a hospital or health system
- 3 - 5 years of building relationships between employed, contracted, and private practice physicians and between hospitals and ambulatory operations with results measured across the continuum of care through patient, employee and physician satisfaction scores and related action plans
- 3 - 5 years of experience and training in the development and operation of a high reliability organization
- 3 - 5 years of experience and/or training in medical administration; advanced degree/certification in business, medical management or similar field (MBA, MMM, MHA, MPH, etc.) is preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Active MD/DO PA license required
- Successful incumbent must obtain active medical staff and community affiliate privileges upon acceptance of offer
- Certified Physician Executive (CPE)
- A solid grasp of hospital finance and the ability to effectively participate in strategic planning initiatives, including new program development and clinical services.
- Knowledge of leading quality measurement, monitoring, and improvement programs, risk management, and utilization review.
- Contemporary knowledge of laws, regulations, Joint Commission standards, DNV standards, state licensing, and relevant payor requirements relating to medical practice within an acute care hospital setting.
- Demonstrated ability to gain medical staff support when developing, implementing, and promoting projects, ventures, and programs in a highly matrix environment.
- Effective management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
Languages (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org