Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides expert care in lactation management according to the International Lactation Consultant Association and the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners Standards of Practice. Serves as an expert consultant to nursing staff, physicians and other health care workers in the management of complex breastfeeding for the mother/infant dyad. Educates expectant and new parents in various aspects of breastfeeding management.
- Practices autonomously to provide expert lactation care and clinical management for inpatient and outpatient breastfeeding dyads. (40%)
- Provides education and consultation to patients and health care team members using evidence based practice standards. (20%)
- Assists with daily operations of the retail lactation center and monitors breastfeeding equipment within the hospital. (15%)
- Participates in marketing activities related to Lactation Services. (5%)
- Contributes to the achievement of divisional and organizational goals.(10%)
- May contribute to the development and presentation of lactation programs and policies based on facility requirements. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- PA RN licensure
- International Board Certification as Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- BA/BS Degree
- 3 years experience in clinical obstetrics and/or birthing center
- Previous experience as an IBCLC
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org