Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Independently performs routine and special procedures on patient specimens.
- Microscopically screens gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides containing cells from all body sites. Meets the minimum screening output standard. Microscopically screens gynecologic slides utilizing imager technology. (60%)
- Prepares and processes specimens and assists pathologists, radiologists and clinician with fine needle aspirates, as needed, following departmental policies and safety guidelines. (15%)
- Operates, calibrates, checks and maintains instrumentation. Recognizes problems with quality control and test procedures and takes appropriate action to ensure quality clinical information. (10%)
- Participates in continuing educational programs to keep updated with current and changing technologies. Assists in training of other health care providers. (10%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient departmental operations. Participates and successfully completes annual proficiency testing. (5%)
- Selects specimens that must be submitted for pathologist review, quality control and quality assurance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in NCA eligible program or bachelor's degree and one year certificate program trained
- CT (ASCP)
- Clinical cytotechnologist experience
- Preferred: Thin prep training, 3+ years experience, FNA experience, prep experience, non-gyne screening experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org