Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the uninterrupted operation, repair and maintenance of building systems and the implementation of construction projects in corporate and subsidiary facilities, including the data center. Will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance performed on these systems: fire suppression systems, sprinkler systems, electrical distribution equipment, emergency generators, lighting and plumbing systems, recycle and confidential destruction operations, Mosler Telelift System, chilled water and condenser water distribution systems, water treatment systems, air distribution systems, UPS systems, loading dock equipment, glass and door repairs, kitchen equipment and PC-based building automated control systems and computer room air conditioning units.
We are hiring for (2) 2nd shift facilities technicians.
Employee Referral Payout: Level 1
- Operate, maintain, test and inspect, troubleshoot and repair new and existing building systems and equipment, including fire suppression systems, sprinkler systems, emergency generators, plumbing systems, chilled water and condenser water distribution systems, water treatment systems, air distribution systems, UPS systems, kitchen and refrigeration equipment, temperature controls and PC-based building automated controls systems, kitchen and refrigeration equipment, computer room air conditioning units and UPS and battery systems. Maintain and update records of the building systems drawings and documentation. Operate, maintain, test and inspect, troubleshoot and repair new and existing electrical equipment and systems, including interior and exterior lighting, transformers, panelboards, low and medium voltage switchgear, Mosler telelift system, elevators and lift systems, controls systems, UPS and battery systems, power distribution units and power monitoring systems. Maintain and update building records of the electrical systems drawings and documentation.
- Monitor, command and interpret the PC- based building automated controls system to monitor, schedule, operate and change the building’s HVAC and electrical systems’ operations. Perform analysis and diagnosis of existing building systems to determine means to improve the operation of the equipment, reduce energy consumption and improve service level to the corporation.
- Respond to daily maintenance work orders requested by employees in corporate and subsidiary facilities.
- Perform basic repairs and functions related to carpentry, roofing, walls, floors and ceiling systems, doors, office furniture, restrooms, recycling and confidential destruction operations, loading dock equipment and other routine building maintenance. Perform general housekeeping, such as cleaning and painting equipment, walls and floors, recycling collection and destruction, snow and debris removal from parking lots and grounds.
- Provide technical support and construction oversight services to Facilities Management staff and the data center building operations.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years of related, progressive experience. Grandfathered experience requirements effective August 2016
- Experience in operation and maintenance of building systems in commercial facilities
- Universal Refrigeration License OR Electrical License is required
- Trade School
- Experience in operation and maintenance of critical systems in data centers
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Universal Refrigeration License OR Electrical License is required for the Intermediate, Senior and Lead levels
- Journeyman, Master Plumber License or Master Electrician License
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of the operation of the following building systems and will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance performed on these systems: fire suppression systems, sprinkler systems, electrical distribution equipment, emergency generators, lighting and plumbing systems, recycle and confidential destruction operations, Mosler Telelift System, chilled water and condenser water distribution systems, water treatment systems, air distribution systems, UPS systems, loading dock equipment, glass and door repairs, kitchen equipment and PC-based building automated control systems and computer room air conditioning units
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org