Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Supports the professional nurse by observing the patient and assuring the provision of a safe environment.
- Performs selected activities related to patient care (i.e. accompanies patients to tests, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and provides diversional activities). (40%)
- Monitors and proactively intervenes to maintain patient safety by immediately communicating the need for assistance. (30%)
- Demonstrates effective verbal communication skills by communicating pertinent patient data accurately and in a timely fashion. (20%)
- Assumes responsibility for own educational development. (10%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED
- If not already certified at the time of hire, CPR certification and Crisis Management intervention training will be required and provided during orientation.
- CPR certification preferred
- CPI certification preferred
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org