Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This position will conduct outreach in the community, meeting individuals "where they are" and focusing on those who are most vulnerable as part of the Street Medicine Urban Poverty program,
- Conducts street outreach rounds daily, and serves as a guide and facilitator for clinical partners to support individuals experiencing homelessness.(15%)
- Elicits relevant information through the completion of a homeless outreach needs assessment. (10%)
- Builds relationships with individuals at risk of or experiencing homelessness.(10%)
- Provides advocacy for participants and patients experiencing homelessness when they encounter barriers. (10%)
- Provides Crisis Intervention Services to individuals at risk of or experiencing homelessness. (10%)
- Assists in obtaining housing readiness documentation, including identification, social security care, and income verification. (10%)
- Provides support for people as they transition from homelessness to housing as accompagneurs, bearing testimony to their experience, empowering their agency, and ensuring the provision of basic material needs as they arise. (10%)
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive working relationships with mental health programs, shelter programs, police and providers of services and resources to participants experiencing homelessness. (10%)
- Applies motivational interviewing and psychological first aid principles to help participants navigate their experience of homelessness. (5%)
- Demonstrates a continued commitment to understanding and implementing harm reduction practices, engaging in real conversations about safety. (5%)
- Participates in a co-responder model of service provision in partnership with public safety personnel (police and EMS). 5%)
- Other related duties.
- High School / GED
- 1 year Public health or social services experience
- Positive individual that can maintain solid working relationships with internal and external resources
- Patient and able to remain composed in stressful situations
- Flexible and able to adapt to different situations
- Represent the CIH Street Medicine team with professionalism
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Public Health, Psychology, Counseling or Education
- 1 year in Behavior health
- 1 year with community engagement organizations
- 1 year with Allegheny Link and housing placement
- 1 year working as a outreach worker in communities focused on those experiencing homelessness
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org