Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
Within area of expertise (application, solution, information, technology, business), designs, develops, implements, supports, and optimizes architecture strategy from a leadership position to meet the most complex business capabilities and needs. Ensures completeness of the most complex architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders from a leadership position. Ensures integrity of the most complex architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Within area of expertise, leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. May take on role of Project Lead for special assignments. Mentors less experienced team members.
1. Leads to provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements. Facilitates development of the most complex enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques. Leads and participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
2. Specifies and designs large or the most complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes. Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively. Leads reviews of others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Establishes policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on the most complex major design options. Ensures that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
3. Uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of the most complex architectures. Produces detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes. Ensures that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
4. Selects and uses tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks. Identifies the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which the most complex products or systems will operate. Identifies, proposes, initiates, and leads significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits. Modifies existing process improvement approaches and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement.
5. Leads the resolution of a variety of architecture and business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
- Communicates effectively will all levels of organization
- Manages expectations of customers, partners and management
- Participates in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making
- Interacts with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
6. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area.
7. Provides leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management, and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by:
- Preparing presentations on complex issues on the area of expertise
- Presenting to their peers to ensure consistency to Highmark's strategic direction.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology*
10 – 15 years s of experience in multiple IT disciplines and 5 – 7 years of experience in business disciplines
*Grandfathered degree requirements effective July 2014
Health insurance industry business knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
An Architect is not required to have experience in all of these, but is required to have those needed to support applications they are responsible for supporting. Current skill set are reviewed every other year, new skills may be required to meet changing business needs.
IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases, Data Warehousing
COBAL, Visual Basic, C C++, SAS
PEGA, CSS3, Mobile, JSON, Cognos, Hadoop, SQL, J2EE, HTML5/XML
Project Management Tools:
Certification in application areas such as:
DB2, Cognos, PEGA, Enterprise Architect (SCEA), Project Management
This job requires the ability to work as a team member. Additionally, this job requires the willingness and ability to report to work on a regular and timely basis and may require irregular work hours, holidays and/or weekends.
Note: Job duties and responsibilities support separation of duties across multiple users
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org