Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Registered Nurse assesses human responses and plans, implements and evaluates nursing care for individuals or families for whom the nurse is responsible. The Registered Nurse is fully responsible for all actions as a licensed nurse and is accountable to patients for the quality of care delivered.
- The registered nurse provides transformational leadership in a professional practice setting by striving to create and participate in the future of healthcare.
- Team player who contributes to building the team by helping others succeed through role modeling and mentoring.
- Assigns or delegates tasks based on the needs of the patient and skill level of the RN, LPN or support staff. Assigns duties and lunches for staff when performing charge role.
- Considers maintenance of a safe environment, patient condition, complexity of the intervention and predictability of the outcome.
- Provides peers with both verbal and written feedback regarding clinical practice and role performance.
- Shares knowledge and skills with peers and colleagues and cultivates a work environment that promotes positive employees attitudes, effective communications, trust, and collaboration.
- Willingly accepts mistakes of self and others, creating a culture in which risk taking is not only safe but expected and creativity, flexibility, resiliency, and adaptability are key.
- Collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to evaluate clinical care or health services.
- Promotes patient safety initiatives (ex: National Patient Safety Goals).
- Participates in department specific quality initiatives ( ex: EBP population specific). Assures appropriate order sets are used.
- Supervises delegates and evaluates assigned LPN scope of practice as appropriate.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, evaluate and implement a patient plan of care according to the individual needs of the patient as prescribed by physician, nurse and hospital policy including patient and family.
- Derives culturally and age appropriate expected outcomes involving the patient, family and other health care providers.
- Analyzes the health status of the individuals and families comparing the data with the norm, when possible, to determine patient care needs.
- Assesses patient reports/records change of condition and notifies physician and/or supervisor and intervenes appropriately and documents accordingly.
- Accepts assignments in areas other than primary unit, and performs duties within individualized competency.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous lifelong learning and professional development for self and others.
- Promotes advancement of the profession through participation in professional organizations.
- Seeks both formal and independent learning activities using current research findings and other evidence to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Participates in systematic peer review and obtains informal feedback regarding one’s own practice from patients, peers, professional colleagues and others. Identifies areas of strength, as well as, areas in which professional development would be beneficial.
- Meets time and attendance guidelines per hospital policy.
- Places the patient at the center of everything they do by continuously evaluating and assessing patient and family satisfaction and performing as an advocate for patients and customers.
- Participates in department specific patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Promotes compassionate communication that is patient and family centered.
- Assesses for and attempts to resolve patient/family concerns.
- Utilizes effective time management skills to complete assigned duties and responsibilities within established work shift.
- Completed RN training program and have PA RN licensure or have applied for practice permit
- CPR Certification
- Experience in different specialty units
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org