Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Receives, reprocesses, distributes and stores patient care equipment and instrumentation
- Transports soiled equipment and performs decontamination and disinfection functions utilizing automated equipment and manual cleaning. (30%)
- Appropriately operates sterilizers in a manner consistent with regulatory requirements and manufacturer's recommendations. (30%)
- Inspects, audits, and assembles surgical instrument sets and medical devices utilized in the Operating Room and other patient care areas of the hospital. Assembles surgical case carts accurately and efficiently. (30%)
- Processes requests for patient care equipment received via computerized system and by telephone. (5%)
- May contact outside vendors for delivery of rental patient care equipment. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Willing to pursue a CRCST certificate after one year of experience
- Enrollment in a surgical tech/sterile processing program preferred.
- CRCST eligible or CRCST preferred.
- Sterile processing or six months experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org